If you are home owners and have a dispute with your architect

What we can do for you:

  • If you have a dispute with your architect over fees and the architect has served you with an invoice or claim for payment which is endorsed "This is a payment claim under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act" you must respond immediately by sending a payment schedule in order to prevent the amount claimed becoming a debt due and payable by you to the architect. If we get the payment claim in time we can help you do that and can help you if there is a subsequent adjudication under that Act. Do not let grass grow under your feet in those circumstances. Get the payment claim to us immediately.
  • If your problems with the architect involve defective design or negligence we also can help you by advising on your claim and negotiating a settlement or, failing a settlement, we can act for you in legal proceedings against the architect.
Peter Merity

If you'd like help in your dispute with your architect, you can contact us through the contact form link on the right or call Peter Merity on (02) (9689 3992) by clicking on the button. You may also email him directly at pmerity@petermerity.com.au